Having trouble installing RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble installing Visual Basic Enterprise 6.0 on my computer.  I downloaded Visual Studio Professional 2012 and that installed just fine.  When I try to install Basic I make it to the part that is updating the system and it keeps freezing.  What do I do?
    • Moved by Youjun Tang Monday, March 23, 2015 5:55 AM Not supported
    Saturday, March 21, 2015 6:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• VB 6.0 is not supported anymore because it is from the last millenium. This is a VB.net-only forum.

Try to find help starting here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/ms788229

Armin

• Proposed as answer by pvdg42 Saturday, March 21, 2015 7:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:54 PM
    Saturday, March 21, 2015 6:37 PM
  • If you want to install older versions of Visual Basic, you need to install the oldest ones FIRST and proceed from there one by one.  It doesn't work the other way around, because older files with the same name will overwrite the newer ones.  You will have to uninstall everything and start from scratch.  I'm not sure that VB6 can even be installed on newer operating systems or on 64 bit systems.

Solitaire

• Edited by Solitaire Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:54 PM
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:47 PM
  • Hello,

Here is a great forum dedicated to VB6 matters

http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:55 PM
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 8:48 PM
  • Hi George1127,

Welcome to MSDN.
    I am afraid that as Renee Culver said, these forums donot support VB6, you could refer to this thread:
    Where to post your VB 6 questions
    You could consider posting this issue in these forums below:
    These forums do not support Visual Basic 6, however there are many third-party support sites that do. If you have a VB6-related question please visit these popular forums:

Thanks for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 23, 2015 5:38 AM