none
Error on showing the images on the announcement

Answers

• I checked an image I posted a few days ago. It has a similar url, just a different ID number, but it is fine. I would first try to refresh to see if that helps (if you have not already). If that does not help, email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com. Include a link to the post so the forum admins can investigate.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:57 PM
  • OK, now we can see the direct URL of the image as part o the message, and that image does not exists in the server, as it seems :-)

It fact these URLs is mapped in the software level (app) and it is not a file address. It might be specific issue with this image (or record/document in the database).

In my opinion simply ignore this if this is a one-time-issue and upload a new image to the announcement. If this happens again then you can post email to the Forum team (fissues AT microsoft.com), with link to this thread and the new information you have (including the time and your time zone when it happens). 

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:51 PM

All replies

• I checked an image I posted a few days ago. It has a similar url, just a different ID number, but it is fine. I would first try to refresh to see if that helps (if you have not already). If that does not help, email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com. Include a link to the post so the forum admins can investigate.

Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:57 PM
  • Good day,

Is your image stored in external website?

I see this behavior all the time in specific forums where the announcement includes external images. I have even report this to the Microsoft team once and discuss the issue. It's seems like the issue was with the external website in these cases.

** Please confirm that you upload the image to the forum with the message and don't use the option of "external URL". You should have dependencies with external resources.

signature   Ronen Ariely

Sunday, September 25, 2016 9:04 PM

No it doesn't help at all, even if I refresh the page. Thanks for watching it.

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report
    Free Tech Books Search and Download

Monday, September 26, 2016 2:17 AM
  • Good day,

Is your image stored in external website?

I see this behavior all the time in specific forums where the announcement includes external images. I have even report this to the Microsoft team once and discuss the issue. It's seems like the issue was with the external website in these cases.

** Please confirm that you upload the image to the forum with the message and don't use the option of "external URL". You should have dependencies with external resources.

signature   Ronen Ariely

No, I just submitted the image from my local PC. And it was fine that day. But now it doesn't appear....:(

Thanks for watching it.

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Monday, September 26, 2016 2:18 AM
  • what is the link to the thread?

maybe I am missing something but I dont see that you posted the link

signature   Ronen Ariely

Monday, September 26, 2016 6:24 PM
  • what is the link to the thread?

maybe I am missing something but I dont see that you posted the link

signature   Ronen Ariely

The link should be auto-generated by MSDN Forum background thread for a submitted image from my local PC;)

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:59 AM
  • We mean, can you provide a link to your announcement thread. I checked yesterday your activities trying to figure out that thread, but you had too many of them.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:17 AM
  • Naomi N:

Many thanks for your help first,

and this is my link to my announcement:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-CN/home?forum=vstudiozhchs&announcementId=81f3e44e-a0d0-4f95-9493-9d92432115b2

The image link is:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/940159

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:17 AM
  • I can see the problem. Did you try to re-insert that image into that message? Or re-create the message?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:36 AM
  • OK, now we can see the direct URL of the image as part o the message, and that image does not exists in the server, as it seems :-)

It fact these URLs is mapped in the software level (app) and it is not a file address. It might be specific issue with this image (or record/document in the database).

In my opinion simply ignore this if this is a one-time-issue and upload a new image to the announcement. If this happens again then you can post email to the Forum team (fissues AT microsoft.com), with link to this thread and the new information you have (including the time and your time zone when it happens). 

signature   Ronen Ariely

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:51 PM
  • Hello all:

I've tried several times with Windows's screencut tool and save it into png to my local PC, and submit that. However the next day it disappears.

Now I've re-submitted again onto the announcement at 7:39 A.M (BeiJing Time). 

And I'll see the result;)

PS:I tried several times by png, now I'm trying jpg instead.

This is the current day image at 7:39 A.M (BeiJing Time):

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:35 PM
  • Well, its seems OK now :-)

* I do not use the announcement feature myself, so I did not checked all the options. I think that almost no user read the announcements, and sticky messages are much better fit in the forum. In my personal opinion, each forum should have one sticky message with important permanent announcements - all in one thread. and we can add temporary 1-2 sticky announcements (schedule for 1-7 days for example).

signature   Ronen Ariely

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:28 AM
  • Ohhhh Man……No no no no……:(

The image link is: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/941477

At 8:53 A.M (BeiJing Time)

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:53 AM
  • I am using the link that you post above:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-CN/home?forum=vstudiozhchs&announcementId=81f3e44e-a0d0-4f95-9493-9d92432115b2

* I cannot read the language and all the characters seems to me the same :-), which make it a bit difficult to manually compare.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't notice the missing image several minutes ago, and no I do not see any image there.

This is what I see now (no missing image):

signature   Ronen Ariely

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:14 AM
  • I am using the link that you post above:

* I cannot read the language and all the characters seems to me the same :-), which make it a bit difficult to manually compare.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't notice the missing image several minutes ago, and no I do not see any image there.

This is what I see now (no missing image):

signature   Ronen Ariely

Yes, I have to remove the image because I'm feeling doubtful whether someone who have looked at my broken image will have misunderstanding.... But I leave the photo of the current situations

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:17 AM
  • I marked Ronen's reply as the answer, as I think the issue is resolved (perhaps a one time glitch). If not, I would do as Ronen suggested and email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com. Include a link to the announcement so they can investigate.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:14 PM
  • I marked Ronen's reply as the answer, as I think the issue is resolved (perhaps a one time glitch). If not, I would do as Ronen suggested and email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com. Include a link to the announcement so they can investigate.

No not once a time.

The problem is still being fixed

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Friday, October 7, 2016 4:15 AM

PS:As a moderator, I hope that you can see clearly about my problem——This is 2nd time NOT 1st time. And I don't understand why you mark others as answers automatically without my agreement? You should be FAIR on processing with that.

I'm also a moderator like you, but I never mark others unless their agreements:-)

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Friday, October 7, 2016 4:26 AM
  • Is this the announcement?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-CN/95beb598-4358-4fec-a4b3-883250f51007/visual-studio-?forum=vstudiozhchs

It looks fine to me now. Did you repost the announcement? Is the issue resolved?

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:24 PM