Exchange UM integration with PBX integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have set up OCS to integrate with Exchange UM and this is working good for users set up with Enterprise Voice. In the Communicator client I get a new 'Call voice mail' option and can redirect unanswered calls to voicemail.

However, I have now checked the 'Enable PBX integration' option and hooked up users to Call Manager 6.1.2 with a presence server. This sort of works and I can do remote call control, but a few things are missing.

1. On the Communicator client, my prsence stays at Available when I make a calfrom Communicator (which dials through the Cisco phone). I was expecting it to change to In a call.

2. The Call voice mail button is now missing from Communicator.

I am guessing that the first one can be fixed and the second one is by design? So is it possible to link Commuicator into Exchange UM when using PBX integration?

Friday, September 12, 2008 12:05 PM

All replies

• Don't you also need a Cisco CUPS server to make presence work with Communicator for In a Call presence with Call Manager 5.1 and above ?  I was told this by a Cisco engineer recently during a planning meeting for UC but he doesn't know much about the Microsoft side so I didn't take it as gospel. 

Friday, October 3, 2008 5:42 AM