need help! RRS feed

• Question

• turned on my computer and it says i may be a victim of sortware counterfeiting..then i scan thru this site and downloaded mga diagnostic tool and now it says validation status: blocked vlk..what does that mean and what do i do to take this thing off when i turn on my computer...
    Friday, September 15, 2006 9:39 PM

Answers

•  teinesamoa wrote:
    turned on my computer and it says i may be a victim of sortware counterfeiting..then i scan thru this site and downloaded mga diagnostic tool and now it says validation status: blocked vlk..what does that mean and what do i do to take this thing off when i turn on my computer...

A "Blocked VLK" is a Volume License Key that is valid, but was licensed solely to a corporation or larger enterprise/business. Blocked VLK's are Product Keys that Microsoft has received consent from the original owner to block usage of. A VL Product Key is non-transferrable to individuals. In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue, please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, you'll see a button to click on (Get Genuine) which will provide information on your options which include how to acquire a WGA Kit.

Friday, September 15, 2006 9:54 PM