SynctoyCmd has detected that folder pair <folder pair> has not been syncronized. Please run SyncToy.exe to complete initial synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• I have been tasked with automating SyncToy for users throughout my orgainization.  I have created a script using AutoIT that will silently install SyncToy v2.1 and then create the two folders, locally and on their network drive, by using the command line:

SyncToy.exe -d(left="c:\BACKUP_TO_NETWORK",right="\\server\%username%\BACKUP",name=NAME,operation=contribute,excluded=*.avi;*.mp3;*.mp4;*.mkv).

When I open up SyncToy GUI, the folder pair displays correctly, the problem I am having is actually syncing the files via command line.  I wrote up a second script that will only sync the files if they are phsically  connected to the corporate LAN.  The problem I am having is with SyncToyCMD.exe.  If I run the following cmd(s):

c:\program files\synctoy 2.1\SyncToyCmd.exe -rNAME  or c:\program files\synctoy 2.1\SyncToyCmd.exe -r "NAME" or c:\program files\synctoy 2.1\SyncToyCmd.exe -R "NAME" from the command line I get an error saying "SyncToyCmd has detected that the folder pair NAME has not been synchronized yet.  Please run SyncToy.exe to complete the initial sync"

If I sync using the GUI, it works no problem, however, I cannot sync via the command line.

Hopefully, I've provided enough info and I apologize for the extremely long post.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 4:33 PM