Live Mesh news not updating but files getting synced RRS feed

• Question

• One of my live mesh folders news stopped updating since 4th December but strangely the files are still getting synced without problem.

The news for adding/deleting/removing files doesn't gets updated in all of my machines & the live mesh webpage also but if i post a message, the message shows up fine everywhere. Conflicts also shows up correctly when I tried to modify the file on two machine at once, but the news just doesn't update...

This problem only occurs to one specific live mesh folders and other live mesh folders doesn't have this problem. Was using that live mesh folder for a few months and this suddenly occurred out of the blue lol.
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• I can't tell you why this happens, but it has been reported before. If your issue began last week for this folder, it may be a residual effect of the server problems that were encountered.
    I just took a look at my news in the notifier and see that the same change made back on 12/3 is listed twice with the same time stamp, which is pretty odd. So, basically, I'd ignore the news problem as long as sync is working. News is one area that I'm pretty sure will change in the next version as many concerns and requests have been raised about this functionality.
    -steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:08 PM
  • OK, so maybe there are only two of us writing about this problem but I suspect there are many more out there who simply haven't noticed. I'm pretty sure it is a residual from the recent server update problem. The News for at least one of my folders simply does not update. My most used folder, updated every day, has no News entries since Monday the 7th. Files are updating normally. Personally, I find News an important and highly useful feature and would not like to have to wait until the next update to get it fixed . Thanks in advance for taking a look at this.
    MM
    Friday, December 11, 2009 5:02 PM
  • You're probably right that others are also experiencing the problem. Since news has always been flakey, in my experience, I didn't really notice until you mentioned it.
    Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, December 11, 2009 8:09 PM
  • The news for that folder is now updating for me. ;)
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:12 AM
  • Thanks for the update.
    -steve
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:23 PM