CSV Regard Lookup on Import RRS feed

• Question

• Thank you to anyone that may have an answer....

I am Importing a CSV to create Task, that will be related to Contact Records. My problem is, with the Regard Lookup...that ties the task to the Contact when the Contact records FULL NAME has changed. This is the primary look up key.

My question is, can you use WIld Cards in the CSV so that it will complete the REGARD Lookup. 

It is looking for First Name, Last Name. When someone changes or adds a First name, my CSV to load in these task will not complete the lookup because the Full Name has changed.

I would really like the Primary Key (FUll Name) for the contact to never change. But if it must... can a CSV use a WildCard expression in the file, to look for the last name....

Note: I know you may not understand...each last name is UNIQUE... it has a numeral that makes it unique, until we get further information from the customer. The task is loaded to in, with this CSV to add information and fire off a processes that update all the Contact and Case Records associated with that Contact.

Bottom Line: Can you use an expression in a CSV file like SMITH5678* to allow the Lookup to successfully to apply itself?

Thanks

EBS...

EStoddard
    Monday, September 12, 2011 4:09 PM

Answers

• You can't use wildcards in the CSV lookup.  that said, if the last name is what is truly unique, why not use that instead of FullName? 
    The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
    • Marked as answer by EStoddard Monday, September 12, 2011 9:47 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 4:43 PM