Unable to future-publish toTypepad

• I tried setting a post to publish at a future date but got the message that "Posts on this blog service can't be saved for future publishing." That's true at the basic membership levels but at my account level it is possible to post-date posts in Typepad. Is this a bug, or is WLW just not able to detect which features are available on an individual account? It's easy to work around it by posting a draft and setting the publish date in Typepad, but I thought I'd ask in case it was something that could be fixed. Thanks!

Friday, March 13, 2009 5:51 AM

All replies

• I don't think we can tell between the difference types of Typepad accounts. 

If you click 'yes' to continue publishing your post from Windows Live Writer does it work, or does it post it before it actually should?
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, March 16, 2009 11:05 PM
  • Yes, if I click Yes it publishes immediately. I rarely post-date posts so it's not much of an issue. WLW is still INFINITELY better than using the Typepad interface.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:04 AM
  • In all cases, we just set the publish date to the future value and hope the blog service interprets that as "don't show until the date passes". We show that warning dialog when we have learned from experience that the particular blog service you're using doesn't interpret future dates that way. As you've seen, sometimes even if the service itself lets you hold posts for future publishing, there's no guarantee that they'll do the same when Writer requests it.

Hope that helps!
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:08 PM