none
Installing 32-bit ODBC Drivers on Windows7 x64

Question

• I have my local system application created in vb6 using MS Access as database. i have code for creating System DSN for MS Access database through code but its throwing error..
    secondly in ODBC i can only see SQL Server Database Driver available.
    how to get resolve this.

Thanks!
    • Moved by Jing0 Friday, December 04, 2009 8:56 AM (From:Windows Forms General)
    Friday, November 27, 2009 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

VB6 question is off-topic here. Please check this thread: For VB6 Questions, Please Read...

For the second question, I am not very sure what exactly with your project. If you use Data Source Configuration Wizard to get the datasouce, seems there are something wrong with your visual studio components, you’d better ask it at Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum.

Best regards,

Ling Wang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, December 04, 2009 8:55 AM
  • I have the same problem... Win 7 x64 OS only has SQL Server ODBC drivers available and I need to create a system dsn to a Foxpro database. I have installed both the vfpodbc and ole drivers but still no luck.

This is just terrible, I spent all weekend setting up my workstation with Win 7 but now I cannot perform my job because of the ODBC issues.
    Monday, December 14, 2009 8:52 PM
  • I found out whats going on... read this and you will be all set. It's actually quite a stupid mistake on MS's part...

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/168477-installing-32-bit-odbc-drivers-vista-x64.html
    Monday, December 14, 2009 9:00 PM