Windows 7 Ultimate - Activation Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Purchased Windows 7 Ultimate . I have opened the seal and it has COA. I had used the 64 bit and installed the same on my new laptop... with just free DOS installed on it. Now the automatic activation has not worked and when i try to activate over phone it goes through automated system and says due to technical error we are unable to proceed on this and gets disconnected.

There is no person attending the call... now how to get this activated. Iam in INDIA and hence using India toll free number.

I have done the validation also and it has said the product is genuine by Microsoft site. Need a quick help... on windows 7 activation as i have only 16 days left for activation.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Monday, May 28, 2012 2:35 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Monday, May 28, 2012 5:29 AM

Answers

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool.
    Once you run the tool, click on the
    Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post.

Carey Frisch

Monday, May 28, 2012 2:35 PM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool.
    Once you run the tool, click on the
    Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post.

Carey Frisch

Monday, May 28, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Please read the sticky, titled "Please Read Before Posting," at the top of this forum list and follow the instructions so we can help you.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

Monday, May 28, 2012 3:38 PM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS

Friday, June 1, 2012 4:08 PM