Outlook not shutting down correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a shared add-in and include an ItemSend message for outlook.   However, even though I remove the message on disconnection (and it is called) it does not shut down outlook if it is called from word.  If it is called from outlook itself it does shut down correctly.  Any ideas?  The main difference is calling from word does not create an inspector or explorer (the mail window created is not an inspector...not sure exactly what it is.)  I have done a bunch of googling and looked at sample code but no success.   I even started with a sample application and when I allowed the messages to be caught from Word send I ran into the problem.   I am also checking that the code to remove the message (ItemSend -=) is run.

Thanks!
    • Moved by Bessie Zhao Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:31 AM (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:26 PM

All replies

• VSTO is a technology that runs in-process with the Office application. Since you're concerning about shared add-in which isn't included in VSTO, you problem is off-topic in the forum. I recommend you post your question on the Outlook newsgroup, you can find the entry link in the VSTO forum's Please Read First message.
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Monday, July 20, 2009 2:56 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Bessie Zhao Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:29 AM
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 8:50 AM