Bogus Duplicate PC in My OneCare Circle RRS feed

• Question

• OneCare was using 100% of the CPU of mu OneCare Circle's hub, so I removed it and reinstalled, fixing that problem.  Now I have a duplicate entry for that PC listed in my OneCircle that I am unable to remove.  That bogus entry has gone "red", even though the valid entry for the same PC is green, leaving a red icon on my taskbar.
    How can I remove this bogus duplicate entry for my OneCare Circle Hub PC?
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:17 PM

Answers

• On the Hub PC, click the link "remove this PC" for the entry of the ghost PC, which is the old entry for your PC that is no longer communicating since it was reinstalled.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:51 PM

All replies

• On the Hub PC, click the link "remove this PC" for the entry of the ghost PC, which is the old entry for your PC that is no longer communicating since it was reinstalled.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:51 PM
  • I had exactly the same issue. The 'Remove this PC' link would not work (the first several times I tried it). Both PCs (the hub and the one with the duplicate bogus entry) had even been rebooted since the reinstall. However, after I started typing this reply, I went back to try removing it one more time to get the exact wording of the error message... and instead, it WORKED this time (the entry was removed). This followed rebooting my modem/router because my wireless connection wasn't working, so apparently that must do the trick for the duplicate entry.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 9:47 AM
  • You will have Renew button option, once you select "Your onecare circle". Click on Renew and enter your password. Then, try to remove the Duplicate PC
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:04 PM