Custom ServerSyncProvider RRS feed

• Question

• I'm implementing a custom ServerSyncProvider, trying to get SyncDirection.DownloadOnly working first.  My GetChanges() method is getting called as expected, but from my ClientSyncProvider ApplyingChanges event handler, I can see that that the number of Inserts is 0.  I've confirmed that my GetChanges() method is populating the DataSet.

GetChanges() returns a SyncContext object.  In my implementation, I create a new SyncContext object, create a DataSet for that object and populate the DataSet.  I also create a new SyncGroupProgress object for the sync context and add one SyncTableProgress object with the number of inserts set appropriately.  Is this the correct approach?

I've confirmed that my schema is being applied correctly.  It's just that none of my changes are being reflected in the client database.

Do I need to update anything in the groupMetaData or syncSession parameters?

Larry

• Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 5:36 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:41 PM

Answers

• I found the problem.  The changes in my DataSet were being automatically accepted.  When I fixed that, my downloads were then recognized.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:37 PM

All replies

• I found the problem.  The changes in my DataSet were being automatically accepted.  When I fixed that, my downloads were then recognized.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:37 PM
  • Good! I think you are on the right track. I hope I can post some guidelines about this or even a sample later on.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:29 PM
  • Hi, I'm kinda new to Sync Services
    I want to implement a custom ServerSyncProvider
    any tips or example on that?
    tks
    Friday, February 20, 2009 3:58 PM