Limitations of OCS 2007 with EXCHANGE 2003 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi guys,

I've been searching around for some KB/documentation on the sort of features / functions limitations to integrating OCS 2007 with Exchange 2003 instead of Exchange 2007...

Can anyone help / have any information on this?

Friday, February 8, 2008 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Talking about "integration" between Ex2k7 and OCS is the way you can access/interact with the UM role of Ex2k7.

The only interaction you will be able to get between Ex2k3 and OCS will be more Outlook related (2003 or 2007, with some limitation/difference for 2003): the call log (missed calls), presence bullets in email, you will also be able to make call from Outlook contacts.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 9:42 AM
  • AFAIK missed call logs also need Exchange 2007, but correct me if I am wrong
    Friday, February 22, 2008 1:25 PM
  • Hi,

Not sure about the call log indeed. But there are two separated call log when you have both OCS and Exchange 2007 UM: with the first one, you get call log when you miss phone calls on your Communicator (Softphone or RCC), with the second one you get call log when someone arrives on you voice mailbox but doesn't leave a message.

I think call log from OCS is possible with Exchange 2003, because I think Communicator deals directly with Outlook for this. (option in Communicator)

Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:47 AM
  • MIssed call notifications are inserted into your outlook profile by the Communicator client.

So you will only receive them if you have Outlook (2003 or 2007) installed on the same client as Communicator.

Therefore if you use OWA for email but the full communicator client then you wont get any notifications.

If you have Exchange 2007 UM then missed call notifications are actually emailed to you via the transport server. So you recieve them regardless of the client you use.

If you have both Ex2k7 UM AND Communicator 2007 then you should only recieve one unique notification.

I assume the Communicator client detects you have Ex UM and disables it's own notifications.

HTH

Andy.

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:27 PM