Removing All Remants of 2011 WHS Connector from W7 Client RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2011 WHS and it works without problems.  However, it looks like the connector program may have created some conflicts with another program I want to use on this machine.  I have already uninstalled the connector software from this machine and removed it from the WHS network using the console.  The .net 4 conflicts remain with the other program and I wanted to be sure that I have removed all remnants of the connector software from this machine.

Would appreciate any advice or guidance.

Monday, July 9, 2012 5:23 PM

All replies

• The .net 4 conflicts remain ...

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling .Net 4?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Monday, July 9, 2012 5:55 PM
  • I have removed and reinstalled .net 4 a number of times, most recently with the downloadable redistribution package rather than the webinstaller.  Get tired of this, because it is slow and requires some Windows Updates.  Have also used the .net verification tool to confirm it is correctly installed.  I am wondering if there is some remnant WHS service or process that continues to run even though I have removed the connector software.  I've used autoruns to look for something, but I am not enough of an expert to recognize something that should be gone.

• Edited by macorn Monday, July 9, 2012 11:43 PM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 11:37 PM
  • Would it be worthwhile to search the registry and delete all references to WHS?  What is the proper search term?  Is it "Windows Home Server"?  Any other search that would be useful?
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:34 PM