Downloading credit card statements in QIF has stopped RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to download the Money version QIF transactions from my credit card company and Money has stopped accepting the downloads. I have Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Sunset Version 17.0.120.3817 and am using Windows 10 Home  version 10.0.18362. The error message I get is:

The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Can you help?

Sunday, April 26, 2020 11:48 AM

All replies

• What credit card?

We would have to see an example file, unless somebody recognizes the particular CC as having problems with the QIF.

The QIF does not normally an account number in it.

You could open the file in Notepad. While in Notepad, you could change the contents of lines that begin with a P, but do not change the P. So
    PStar Pleasure Palace

could become
    Pvvvvvvv

or whatever.

Then, in Notepad, do a  copy. Then paste into a post here. The first line of the file should be
    !Type:CCard
    for a credit card.

You could also try a subset of your file. If you use notepad to delete everything BELOW the third line that consists of
    ^

The last line should end in a newline (CR LF in ASCII if your text editor can tell you that -- Notepad cannot) representation.

In Notepad, that last ^ should look like there is a blank line below. In Notepad, if you press Ctrl+End keys, there should be a flashing vertical line below the last ^ character.

If you save that, Money should be able to import that QIF. If that smaller file fails to import, you know that the problem is farther up. The problem is probably the header. You could copy and paste just the contents of that smaller file.

Sunday, April 26, 2020 12:48 PM