locked
CWA setup problems RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    we're struggling setting up a Communicator Web Access Server in our lab.
    After installing it there seems to be files missing in the IIS folder structure.
    e.g there are no files in the /forms folder. We were expecting to find at least a logon.htlm file there, since the documentation mentions that for forms based authentication the logon uri is https://mydomain.com/forms/logon.html

    The web communicator does not show up for us either when pointing the browser to the root.

    What can be the problem?
    How should a proper CWA folder structure look like?

    / Lelle
    Monday, October 22, 2007 8:49 AM

Answers

  • Frank is 100% correct. I had same exact problem. I removed IIS rebooted and then did a repair install on the .net 2.0 framework and everything worked.

     

    This server was used for some web applications prior to CWA install; I am still trying to determine exact cause of this problem.

     

    Keith Kabza OCS-MVP

    http://www.ocsmvp.com

     

    Saturday, October 27, 2007 11:04 PM

All replies

  • HI

    Do you use https://<serverFQDN> to try to connect? This FQDN must match the certificate chosen for CWA..

     

    In my functional CWA there is also nothing visible in the forms application folder. I just connect to https://FQDN and it works..

    If you have used this specific server before as a IIS application, ( I had CWA 2005 on it before) I couldn't get it to work without removing IIS from the server, installing IIS back (after reboot) and then repairing .Net Framework 2.0. After this it worked like a charm. I could also reuse the certificate I have used before for CWA 2005.

    Best of luck!

     

    Frank

     

     

    Monday, October 22, 2007 10:00 PM
  • Frank is 100% correct. I had same exact problem. I removed IIS rebooted and then did a repair install on the .net 2.0 framework and everything worked.

     

    This server was used for some web applications prior to CWA install; I am still trying to determine exact cause of this problem.

     

    Keith Kabza OCS-MVP

    http://www.ocsmvp.com

     

    Saturday, October 27, 2007 11:04 PM
  • Thanks for your help guys,

    We solved the problem by completely reinstalling the AD, DomainController, OCS and CWA.
    Thank God it was a small lab network...
    We suspected that there were some misconfigurations on the AD after having a number of different OCS roles installed and later on deactivated.

    Anyhow, we got it to work finally.
    Wednesday, October 31, 2007 5:22 PM