Acer Easy Store H340 Compatiple with Rosewill RSV-S5? RRS feed

• Question

• The Rosewill RSV-S5 just went on sale at newegg for the princely sum of 150$. From the description & specs that I can see on the site. This unit appears to be a raid enclosure with its own powersupply. It is designed to connect to a host PC using eSata. The package comes with a PCI-E eSata controller. The only restriction appears to be that the Sata enclosure must connect to a host computer with a Multi-Lane eSata controller.

I am trying to determine if the Acer EasyStore H340 will be compatible with the Rosewill enclosure. Has anyone attempted this setup? If it is compatible, this seems to be a very easy & cheap way to exceed the 4-drive, 4 Internal Tb limit placed on the Acer WHS Server.

I've read on a few blogs & comments on the newegg website that the enclosure is working very well with HP EX470. Would be very pleased if someone confirmed this was working with the acer whs server too.

Thanks!
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:58 PM

All replies

• AFAIK the acer does not have eSATA multilane connector, however there's one free PCI express-x1 slot. Perhaps you should ask Acer support if the enclosure / controller is compatible

Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:20 AM
  • Thanks! I'll have to try that.
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:25 PM