none
which MCPD track to choose? RRS feed

• Question

• i am graduated IS with N+ and A+ certificates as well. I have two years experience as data analyst but i am unemployed now and since one year and a half.

hence, i am planning to take MCTS or MCPD in .NET to qualify my self to get employed in programming. But i donno which MCPD track is better and more favorable i the IT market and which track has many vacancies. Is it the windows developer path , web developer path or enterprize/azur path.

And which country is good for that since its not available in UAE.

i appreciate your response.

thanks in advance a best regards/

xjazzx
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:47 PM

Answers

• They're all "favorable by IT market".

You stated you have experience in Visual Basic.  Is that VB.Net or the older version of Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)?

All MCPD developer exams are in C# or VB.NET

Have a read of http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2 and chose something.  Be sure to read the "Skills Measured" section of each certification to get an understanding of what is covered in each certification 

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by eljassmy Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you have to ask yourself some questions before you choose a certification path:

• Do you have any experience with .NET or any Microsoft technologies?
    • What technology are you most experienced with?
    • What are you're interests?

To get a starting point you can look at the description of the intendent audience on the particular MCPD sites.

In my opinion every certification path is a good one and improves your chances on the market.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    Monday, November 14, 2011 9:31 PM
    Answerer
  • hiii horizon_Net

thanks for replying on my post dear. Yes i have deep knowledge in programing with visual basic programing language. I would like to get a certificate in any technology since it is requested mostly by IT market everywhere. i am interesting in programming in general and application developement maybe.

which one is most favorable by IT market?

can you recommend a place for me to get it from? knowing that i am in UAE and its not available here as far as i know.

xjazzx
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:10 PM
  • They're all "favorable by IT market".

You stated you have experience in Visual Basic.  Is that VB.Net or the older version of Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)?

All MCPD developer exams are in C# or VB.NET

Have a read of http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2 and chose something.  Be sure to read the "Skills Measured" section of each certification to get an understanding of what is covered in each certification 

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by eljassmy Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:39 PM