How does a blindtransfer work? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Our app redirects customers to a helpdesk for complex matters by using a BlindTransferActivity.

What happens after a BlindTransfer?

I guess the DisconnectcallActivity at the end of the workflow is not processed. Looking in the eventlog, normal calls have events like "workflow instanciated" and afterwards "workflow completed successfully" (or similar). But after BlindTransfers, I do not get these messages. The lines should be busy (both incoming and outgoing) until the someone hangs up.

My concern is if workflows are ended after a blindtransfer and if the mss must somehow be notfied when the transfered call is done or what happens otherwise.

Thanks!

Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:26 PM

Answers

• Take a look at the difference between the BlindTransfer and SupervisedTransfer sample applications. 

With BlindTransfer, the voice response application starts the transfer and disconnects.  A blind transfer is useful because it doesn't require any more ports.  The downside, as you point out, is that the voice response application is disconnected from the call before the transfer completes.

With SupervisedTransfer, the voice response application can monitor the entire transfer process.  The downside is that it takes twice as many ports.

Friday, May 25, 2007 8:51 PM