WLW upload imagest to Photobucket FTP error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have a Pro account on Photobucket for uploading photos using WLW. It' worked just fine until now, but now I get the following error:

" Error occurred while transferring file Forest[2].jpg
    (Publishing Error) A publishing error occurred: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
    227 Entering Passive Mode (66,11,51,154,170,3)
    553 Prohibited file name: /blog_tvmagia/test00_FB0E/Forest.jpg "

The name of the file is Forest.jpg. "blog_tvmagia" is the album I upload to, and "test00_FB0E" is the folder that WLW creates automatically.

The FTP works just fine with any FTP client, and the same file.
    The settings I use in WLW are these:

FTP hostname - ftp.photobucket.com
    Username - username
    Password - password
    Publish folder - /blog_tvmagia
    URL of publishing folder - http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh189/account/blog_tvmagia/

Am I missing something?
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:06 PM

All replies

• Do other images work besides forest.jpg? 

It also looks like there is a space after the filename in the error log, is that actually there or is there just formatting issues?
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 6:23 PM
  • Nope, it doesn't work at all. Forest.jpg was only an example.
    And no, there is no space. I tried different file names with the same result.

I believe it has to do with the way WLW renames files automatically before he begins the transfer. He adds something like [#] at the end of the name.
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Does anybody has any solution to this?
    I guess that even on the developing team nobody knows nothing about it.
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:35 AM
  • Photobucket has totally custom FTP server software--we've had VERY limited success with it in the past. When you say "works just fine with any FTP client" did you try creating that actual path, including the test00_FB0E subfolder? It's quite possible that they simply don't allow subfolders below the album level, and no, WLW doesn't currently allow you to remove it. We put it in to avoid name collisions as we're not yet smart enough to detect collisions in FTP filenames, they would just overwrite each other which is obviously very bad.
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 10:13 AM