none
How do I prevent Streets &Trips from reordering my stops? RRS feed

• Question

• I just entered a 50-stop route in Streets and Trips in the order I wanted them.  By the time I was done S&T had completely reordered them - automatically, apparently.  As far as I can tell I'm faced with the prospect of either reordering them one by one with the up- and down-arrow buttons provided (an extremely tedious way to renumber this many stops), or finding a program that won't assume it knows better than I do where I want to go.  Any suggestions?
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:51 AM

All replies

• I haven't come across this issue. Is it reproducible? If yes, what exact steps would one need to take to reproduce it?

Laptop GPS World

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:14 PM
  • Yes, it is reproducible.  It is one of my main objections to S&T.  If I sat down and reentered these same stops it'd happen again, as it has with any number of routes I've tried to enter.  At some point, S&T just seems to get tired of doing it my way and starts reordering my route in some other way that I'm unable to comprehend.  Shortest?  Maybe.  Quickest?  Maybe.  But seldom is the most interesting route either the shortest or the quickest.  This particular route is a 500 mile rally route from Portland Oregon, down the valley, and then back to Portland.  It twists, turns, loops back on itself, reruns some stretches of some roads.  In other words it is a fairly typical rally route. 

Is there some hidden option or setting that says "let me decide"?  I do not want S&T to think for me, I just want to plot it out for myself.  Any help you can give me will be appreciated.  Thanks...

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:42 AM
  • What exact steps would one need to take to reproduce the issue?

Laptop GPS World

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:59 AM
  • Is there a way to attach the route instructions to this reply?  If so, I could scan them to .pdf and send them to you.  If not, to give you the exact instructions for each of the 50 stops will take a while.

But basically, at the starting point, I right clicked on the map to set a starting point.  At the next instruction, I right clicked on the map and set it as a "stop".  I continued doing that until I had the starting point and 48 "stops" entered, then right clicked on the map at the ending point and set it as the end.  Everything went okay until I'd entered 20 or so stops/instructions.  But after that, it kept reordering the stops in some order other than the order I entered them. 

Does that help?  If not, please let me know how I can send the specific instructions to you and I will.  Thanks...

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:50 PM