How to schedual Restart on WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to setup an automatic restart of my WHS 2011 rig I would like it to be daily at 5 am or something like that. I need to know what needs to be filled in in the script section of the task schedualer set up. Any help would be great.
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:31 PM

All replies

• shutdown /r should do it.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:50 PM
  • Thanks. Just to ease my curiosity I found one post that said to put shutdown and in the augments field to type /r/f. would that also work?
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:51 PM
  • /f  - Force running applications to close without forewarning users.

You need to be careful as you do not want to shut down the server when it is running one of its other scheduled tasks such as running Cleanup.

Why is it you want to shutdown and restart every day?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:56 PM
  • I have a networked cable card tuner in this rig and it seems to have an issue with it's up time clock and needs to restart or it could bounce the whole rig from the network. I know it doesn't sound right but it works great as long as you do a restart every once and a while. Every day is probably a bit much but why not? I realy apreciate the help. Is there any reason to type it in the augments field as opposed to in the scripts box with shutdown?

Thanks.

Monday, November 14, 2011 3:32 AM