Communicator 2005 with Logitech QuickCam Orbit AF camera RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to setup video conferencing with Microsoft Communicator 2005 (Version 1.0.559).  I have Communicator installed as well as the Logitech QuickCam.

When I go into Communicator "Audio and Video Tuning Wizard", I select the camera and click next.  I get Camera Error.  "The camera you selected is not working properly, or may be in use by another program.  Please click Back to try again, or to select a different camera."

The camera works with the Logitech software.  The camera also works with NetMeeting. 

I have 1) checked the devices through the control panel and I have no warnings or problems and 2) removed all usb devices except the mouse and the camera 3)  tried different usb ports and 4) in msconfig, stopped all non-Microsoft services and disabled all start up programs.  I rebooted, and no luck.  I get the same error.  I have verified I have nothing running that I know is accessing the camera (or any scanner). 

Any body have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,
    John
    Toledo, OH

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:36 PM

All replies

• An update... I still can not get the "Audio and Video Tuning Wizard" to work in Communicator.  But here is the kicker... I launch Windows Live Messenger and it will allow me to configure the webcam through it's "Audio and Video Tuning Wizard" with no problems...

Any ideas?
    Monday, April 13, 2009 8:45 PM