none
Forum Links Not Working!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Why do the forum links not work?  I cannot click on any topic to read about it.  It does not matter whether I am logged in or not.
    • Moved by justingrant Saturday, June 14, 2008 8:53 PM moving to correct forum
    Friday, June 13, 2008 9:00 PM

Answers

• I wish to thank the moderators for pasting my issues together.

After recently figuring out that I can browse the issues using the quick view drop down, I found the other post that said to clean out all of my cookies.  Now I regularily cleanout all of my internet files including the cookies that I do not want to keep using ccleaner, but after reading that post I want back to ccleaner and looked through the cookies that I am keeping.  I removed most of my microsoft cookies from the list and tried again, and lo and behold, now it is working. 
    It was very exasperating for it to not work for me, and several of my colleagues have the same problem so I will recommend the same solution.

I would like to strongly recommend that the information about removing the cookies be added to this page: http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/Error/Error500.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/AjaxThreadPage.aspx along with a note that if the user uses a tool to clean up his internet activity then he/she should review the cookies that tool is not cleaning up.
    • Marked as answer by Seradex Monday, June 16, 2008 5:18 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2008 5:16 PM

All replies

• Which forum are you trying to browse to?

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    STO Forums - Software Development Engineer
    Monday, June 16, 2008 2:02 AM
  • I would like to reply to my original issue, but I can't.  Everytime I try to view any thread I get this page http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/Error/Error500.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/AjaxThreadPage.aspx

I get the same problem when I try to sign in, but thankfully I can just manually go back to the home page so I can manually browse the forums.
    Also thankfully I can use the quick view drop down and obviously submit new issues/threads, however even when submitting it takes me to that page. Thankfully it still posted the request.  Unfortunately, I can't reply to any threads. :(

Any ideas why this does not work.  I am using XP Pro SP3 and IE7.  I am on a corporate network behind a CISCO router, but I cannot see why that would necessarily be a problem.

I appreciate all assistance with this.
    • Merged by carlpro Monday, June 16, 2008 4:58 PM Same Thread
    • Edited by Seradex Monday, June 16, 2008 5:18 PM Consolidating threads
    Monday, June 16, 2008 4:40 PM
  • I wish to thank the moderators for pasting my issues together.

After recently figuring out that I can browse the issues using the quick view drop down, I found the other post that said to clean out all of my cookies.  Now I regularily cleanout all of my internet files including the cookies that I do not want to keep using ccleaner, but after reading that post I want back to ccleaner and looked through the cookies that I am keeping.  I removed most of my microsoft cookies from the list and tried again, and lo and behold, now it is working. 
    It was very exasperating for it to not work for me, and several of my colleagues have the same problem so I will recommend the same solution.

I would like to strongly recommend that the information about removing the cookies be added to this page: http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/Error/Error500.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/AjaxThreadPage.aspx along with a note that if the user uses a tool to clean up his internet activity then he/she should review the cookies that tool is not cleaning up.
    • Marked as answer by Seradex Monday, June 16, 2008 5:18 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2008 5:16 PM
  • Seradex said:

I would like to reply to my original issue, but I can't.  Everytime I try to view any thread I get this page http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/Error/Error500.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/AjaxThreadPage.aspx

Any ideas why this does not work.  I am using XP Pro SP3 and IE7.  I am on a corporate network behind a CISCO router, but I cannot see why that would necessarily be a problem.

I appreciate all assistance with this.

Seradex,
    It sounds like you are not accepting cookies.  Try the following:
    1) Add "*.microsoft.com" to IE's trusted sites
    2) If your IE's Privacy setting is set to high, then make sure to allow cookies from "microsoft.com"
    3) Clear IE's cache
    4) Log into LiveID
    5) Click the Reply button

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    • Edited by carlpro Monday, June 16, 2008 5:19 PM Updated reply
    • Proposed as answer by carlpro Monday, June 16, 2008 5:20 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2008 5:17 PM
  • Thank you for the assistance.  Please recommend the changes I have suggested so that others that encounter this may be able to resolve this more easily.
    Monday, June 16, 2008 5:21 PM
  • Seradex,
    Good to hear you are up and running. I will recommend your suggested change. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    Monday, June 16, 2008 5:28 PM