Two pools in the same domain cannot see each other, why? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

How can I have two pools communicating with each other in the same domain?

One sinlge forest, one single domain, MyDomain.com, two LCS2005 w/SP1 servers, one pool on each server, pool1 and pool2.  DNS includes A and SRV records for both pools.  Certificates from Internal Stand-alone CA have been deployed and MTLS is being used.  In AD User Account properties I can see the two pools and I can choose which one to assign to the user which is a good thing.  However when trying to see users from the other domain, they always appear as Offline.

I have followed MS white papers for the deployment so far.  Just for the record, pool1 is pre-existing and I just brought pool2 up recently.  Eventually I will decommision pool1 and keep pool2 but I would like to have them up and running together for a while.  The reason for the whole thing is using a different name for the pool.  Apparently I could not rename the existing pool so I had to create a new one.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:03 PM

Answers

• Check your certificates and see if you have SAN on them.  I had to change my certificates and add subject alternate names.
    • Marked as answer by StaggerWing Tuesday, March 3, 2009 6:17 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 9:57 PM

All replies

• Make sure you have these two hotfixes installed on your LCS05 server.

KB911996
    KB921543

Mark

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:11 PM
  • That's done and I do have communication between the two pools.  I do appreciate your help and I will mark this one as answered.

However when I try to access the properties of the new pool in the old pool's LCS snap in, I get this error:

Live Communications Server Snap-in cannot read some of the proxy information from Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).  Close Live Communications Server property pages, restart WMI, and then try again.

Needless to say that I have restarted WMI plus rebooted the servers.  Not good enough on Google.  I am so close to get this thing working.  Any ideas?

Regards,

Chris

Friday, February 27, 2009 8:23 PM
  • Check your certificates and see if you have SAN on them.  I had to change my certificates and add subject alternate names.
    • Marked as answer by StaggerWing Tuesday, March 3, 2009 6:17 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 9:57 PM