off topic - Update made everything HUGE!!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Today I installed a recommended update and after my computer restarted, all my icons and screens are HUGE!!!

I don't seem to be able to fix this in my control panel.  Help!!! The bigness of it all is giving me a headache!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:50 AM

All replies

• I wish I could be more specific about the update.  It was a Onecare update.  After it started, my screen went to the same light blue color that has the log-in's for the various users and there was a message in the center that said "installing update 1 of 3, 60% complete. Do not restart computer until update is complete".  This went on until all three updates were 100% installed.  After restart is when everything went gi-normous.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:20 AM
  • divotdiva,

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum. The messages you are referring to are Windows/Microsoft/Automatic updates. Or perhaps, a 3rd party program I am not familiar with.

OneCare does not update in parts. Like 1 of 3, 2 of 3...

What you can try to do to resolve your issue is, go to your desktop, then right-click, then select personalize, then click Display Settings, under colors, for newer machines select 32 bit, and depending on your monitor size, look for Resolution and slide the square on the "Resolution slide-bar" to 1024 x 768. Then click Apply. If that works, then you can play around with the resolution setting until you reach your desired desktop look.

I hope this information helps. It may or may not assist you. This topic is out of scope for the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:28 PM