none
V.19 Domain Name same as V.8. Why am I still getting null? RRS feed

• Question

• Debug window has everything checked except Topmost.

Another thing to check is my User Name and User email. WLMail doesn't seem
    to like it with base64.

That should be enough to look at for now. Send it.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 1:26 AM

All replies

• I think I may have misunderstood what User name: means. I thought it was just a "between WLMail and the bridge" name. In fact it just be a way of confirming my Live ID info. E.g. this post was sent using the name I had chosen but returned with my Live ID display name. So, I have now changed my User name to match my Live ID display name and I will change that on WLMail as well.

Oh, yeah. The Message-ID is still not getting appended with my "Domain name", e.g. the original V.8 domain name.

So I don't think any of these values are actually doing anything for me. At least now they do seem to be saved. Maybe I should recycle it to see if the changes persist? Right now I want to know if the change I made will be reflected in its output without closing it. It seems odd that I don't have to do anything to register my changes.
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 1:44 AM
  • > Right now I want to know if the change I made will be reflected in its output without closing it. It seems odd that I don't have to do anything to register my changes.

That worked. E.g. Ctrl-h now works.

GD WLMail won't let me generate a new blockquote! Meanwhile it gets completely mixed up about which level it is at so I have to cancel this and fake plain text. Or now I could simply change to Plain text and send that. I wanted to check on blockquote because the highlighting in this bridge is not working as well as it did in the old bridge. I think all the <DIV> tags may be causing this.
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 1:55 AM

• > Right now I want to know if the change I made will be reflected in its output without closing it. It seems odd that I don't have to do anything to register my changes.

GD WLMail won't let me generate a new blockquote! Meanwhile it gets completely mixed up about which level it is at so I have to cancel this and fake plain text.

Decrease indent worked. I can see the blockquote black line. Let's see what goes out. (Via bridge trace.)
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 2:01 AM

• "Robert Aldwinckle on forums" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message news:5e68d228-cb2c-4238-84b3-86fd1f32f3e2@...

> Right now I want to know if the change I made will be reflected in its output without closing it. It seems odd that I don't have to do anything to register my changes.

GD WLMail won't let me generate a new blockquote! Meanwhile it gets completely mixed up about which level it is at so I have to cancel this and fake plain text.

Decrease indent worked. I can see the blockquote black line. Let's see what goes out. (Via bridge trace.)

I'm still waiting for the reply to this that I sent from the forums. Why is that being delayed? Again, this blockquote style quote is being composed as I want it to appear on the forum. The bridge is stripping the blockquote tags!
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 2:17 AM
  • I'm still waiting for the reply to this that I sent from the forums. Why is that being delayed? Again, this blockquote style quote is being composed as I want it to appear on the forum. The bridge is stripping the blockquote tags!

Where did that post go?  Anyway this will be another way of checking what the bridge does with blockquote to the client.   Let's also add some highlighting (Ctrl-b bracketed the previous word.)

I guess I should check the HTML before I send it so I know what the bridge changes...

(Roughly:  blockquote, paragraph, br, strong, and some more paragraphs.)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 2:18 AM

• Decrease indent worked. I can see the blockquote black line. Let's see what goes out. (Via bridge trace.)

I'm still waiting for the reply to this that I sent from the forums. Why is that being delayed? Again, this blockquote style quote is being composed as I want it to appear on the forum. The bridge is stripping the blockquote tags!

Repost. And where is my forum post? Let's document that with this one too...

That's odd. I'm pretty sure I posted in the forum while I was waiting last night. There's nothing there now? I'll try again before posting this.

Just to make sure I'm not hallucinating this here is the URL for my repost from the forum.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/comsandbox/thread/427ecf03-a545- 4a81-8d21-cf285e7b7133/3999f935-6f4f-4194-b59b-485fdd519973/quote
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 2:20 AM

• "Robert Aldwinckle on forums" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message news:3999f935-6f4f-4194-b59b-485fdd519973@1a2615db$531c$45fc$8d65$7288598 58e29.communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Where did that post go? Anyway this will be another way of checking what the bridge does with blockquote to the client. Let's also add some highlighting (Ctrl-b bracketed the previous word.)

I guess I should check the HTML before I send it so I know what the bridge changes...

(Roughly: blockquote, paragraph, br, strong, and some more paragraphs.)

Will it work any better if I leave the generated reply header up there? Then the only thing that I did in creating this reply was Ctrl-End, Decrease indent.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:27 AM
  • Will it work any better if I leave the generated reply header up there?

No difference.   So the blockquote highlighting will be lost here too?  Let's make it green.  There's no way to do that?   Ok. let's italicize the quote...
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:42 AM

• Will it work any better if I leave the generated reply header up there?

No difference. So the blockquote highlighting will be lost here too? Let's make it green. There's no way to do that? Ok. let's italicize the quote...

Blockquote is above but no highlighting. Fortunately the italics have been preserved. This font size is smaller than the quoted material. What happens when it is sent? Before sending I changed the color of the quote to light green. Wow! Totally unreadable now.
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:47 AM