Internet explorer stopped working. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am a relatively new person to computers and wonder if somebody could help me.

I have a newish computer using windows 8.1,internet explorer 11 and have a 64based processor.

When I open certain webpages using IE11 they are fine for a few minutes then I just get told "internet explorer has stopped working-a programme caused the programme to stop working correctly".I am then told to close the programme and I/E searches for an answer but does not provide a solution. I then get a message "a problem with the webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab".It tries two times before giving up.

I have spent hours trying to find a solution to the problem and whilst there is advice on this forum I not at all always sure which would be applicable to follow with the what is a relatively new computer. I wonder if somebody could tell me possible solutions applicable to windows8.1 and I/E 11? Have tried resetting all zones to default level but no joy. Also have tried to add problem sites to compatibility

view mode but when I do this webpage simply blanks out. Even tried downloading chrome to view problem webpages on that browser  but although this installs ok when I start it up get same messages! Can someone put me out of my misery please!!!

&

Saturday, July 25, 2015 3:53 PM