Marketing list validation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

I need help in the fallowing situation :

I want to create a marketing list for an event , but i want to validate this marketing list first .

What is the request : Marketing list member to be validated by the manager of the owner of the accounts .

Marketing create the list - > send the list to validation -> automaticaly go the validation to the manager of the owern of the account - > validate accounts "to be on the list or not " -> send the new list back to marketing - > send event invitation .

Can you help me do this ?

Do you have any advices ?

It is possible ??

Friday, March 22, 2013 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The answer to all your wories in List and List members.

You will have to decide on the strategy of implementing this by analysing how much manual intervention is possible if at all, and how much is to be done by system.

Good Luck with that.

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Shaffana is correct - really this comes down to the business processes you are using to generate the list. There really isn't any out of the box functionality that is going to help much with this. It could be possible to create a custom workflow activity to run on a Marketing List which could send an email to all the account owners letting them know them need to review the list. It would still be difficult to determine who actually did it. Adding a field to the Marketing List Member entity isn't possible so really you are having to let people know they need to verify the list and them potentially provide a cut off date.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:43 AM
  • Hi,

The usual way that these requirements are handled is using CRM2011 is to use a Campaign.

You would have the Marketing team create the campaign, assign the Marketing List(s) and create the Campaign Activities, but not distribute them.

When the status is changed to 'Ready to Launch' you could automatically start a workflow that creates a 'Planning Task' and assigns it to the manager. They would then could then approve the list and advance the status to a new state of 'Approved' (or similar) which would notify the campaign owner of it's readyness.

If you need gain approval for each member of the marketing list, then I would take a slightly different approach by creating a custom entity named 'distribution list member'  linked to accounts via a N:1 - and have a status of 'Proposed' and 'Approved'. You could then add a workflow on the creation of these entities to gain approval from the account owner. When Marketing create the marketing campaign, they would first perform an advanced find to create the distribution list member records (using a on demand workflow), then they would add accounts to marketing lists only where the account has an 'approved' distribution list record. Of course, if you only have a single approval - you could simply have a custom field on the account for the approval status.

hth

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:49 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

The answer to all your wories in List and List members.

You will have to decide on the strategy of implementing this by analysing how much manual intervention is possible if at all, and how much is to be done by system.

Good Luck with that.

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Shaffana is correct - really this comes down to the business processes you are using to generate the list. There really isn't any out of the box functionality that is going to help much with this. It could be possible to create a custom workflow activity to run on a Marketing List which could send an email to all the account owners letting them know them need to review the list. It would still be difficult to determine who actually did it. Adding a field to the Marketing List Member entity isn't possible so really you are having to let people know they need to verify the list and them potentially provide a cut off date.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:43 AM
  • Hi,

The usual way that these requirements are handled is using CRM2011 is to use a Campaign.

You would have the Marketing team create the campaign, assign the Marketing List(s) and create the Campaign Activities, but not distribute them.

When the status is changed to 'Ready to Launch' you could automatically start a workflow that creates a 'Planning Task' and assigns it to the manager. They would then could then approve the list and advance the status to a new state of 'Approved' (or similar) which would notify the campaign owner of it's readyness.

If you need gain approval for each member of the marketing list, then I would take a slightly different approach by creating a custom entity named 'distribution list member'  linked to accounts via a N:1 - and have a status of 'Proposed' and 'Approved'. You could then add a workflow on the creation of these entities to gain approval from the account owner. When Marketing create the marketing campaign, they would first perform an advanced find to create the distribution list member records (using a on demand workflow), then they would add accounts to marketing lists only where the account has an 'approved' distribution list record. Of course, if you only have a single approval - you could simply have a custom field on the account for the approval status.

hth

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:49 AM
    Answerer