Sync Single File to multiple location simultaneously. "File in use exception" need best solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I Need to sync large store of data to multiple location simultaneously. One to one sync is working Perfectly but not 1:N. 

Please suggest me the best solution for the same.

Also Is Manual Conflict resolution provide in v2.1 or new oct 2010 ctp? If yes suggest me some good resources for that.

Thanks in advance

Munish Bhargav

Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:22 AM

Answers

• do you have multiple,concurrent sync? i supposed you;re getting the error on the metadata file. you should create separate metadata files.

oct 2010 CTP doesnt have anything related to File sync.

• Marked as answer by Munish Bhargav Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:58 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:28 AM

All replies

• do you have multiple,concurrent sync? i supposed you;re getting the error on the metadata file. you should create separate metadata files.

oct 2010 CTP doesnt have anything related to File sync.

• Marked as answer by Munish Bhargav Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:58 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:28 AM
  • Thanks JuneT for reply,

Yes I have multiple,concurrent sync.

and Yes I am getting the exception on metadata file.. Could you tell me how to create the separate matadata files??

-------------------------- HERE IS THE EXCEPTION --------------------------

Exception from File Sync Provider:

Microsoft.Synchronization.MetadataStorage.ReplicaMetadataInUseException: The metadata store replica is already in use.

---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041282): The metadata store replica is already in use.

at Microsoft.Synchronization.Files.Interop.FileSyncProviderClass.Initialize(Guid& guidReplicaId, String pcszReplicaRootPath, String pcszMetadataFilePath, Str

ing pcszTempDirectoryPath, FILESYNC_INIT_FLAGS dwSyncFlags, IFileSyncScopeFilter pScopeFilter, IFileSyncProviderCallback pCallback, String pcszPathToSaveConflict LoserFiles)

at Microsoft.Synchronization.Files.FileSyncProvider..ctor(Guid replicaId, String rootDirectoryPath, FileSyncScopeFilter scopeFilter, FileSyncOptions fileSync

Options, String metadataDirectoryPath, String metadataFileName, String tempDirectoryPath, String pathToSaveConflictLoserFiles)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Synchronization.Files.FileSyncProvider..ctor(Guid replicaId, String rootDirectoryPath, FileSyncScopeFilter scopeFilter, FileSyncOptions fileSync

Options, String metadataDirectoryPath, String metadataFileName, String tempDirectoryPath, String pathToSaveConflictLoserFiles)

at Microsoft.Synchronization.Files.FileSyncProvider..ctor(String rootDirectoryPath, FileSyncScopeFilter scopeFilter, FileSyncOptions fileSyncOptions)

at FileSyncProviderSample.SyncFileSystemReplicasOneWay(String sourceReplicaRootPath, String destinationReplicaRootPath, FileSyncScopeFilter filter, FileSyncOptions options) in C:\Users\admin\Desktop\CS\SyncMain.cs:line 91   at FileSyncProviderSample.SyncMethod() in C:\Users\admin\Desktop\CS\SyncMain.

cs:line 53

Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:44 AM
  • look up the parameters for the file sync provider, it has a variant that takes the path/filename for metadata file to use.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:25 AM
  • Thanks June for replies.

I tried this. But i am not able to setup sync properly. 

Could you please provide me some good resources for the same.. Any article, code sample..

please its urgent.

Thanks

Munish

Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:02 AM
  • Thanks JuneT,

your every answer is very helpful and able to setup sync very effectively.

I just need to implement the Conflict Management.

Could you suggest me the best practices and good resource for that.

Thanks once again

Munish Bhargav.

Friday, November 18, 2011 2:10 PM
  • Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:14 AM