Cannot add a second computer to subscription RRS feed

• Question

• WLOC does not see my existing supscription which is a one year. I alway use the same name and password. The MS Billing and Account Management site only shows my Zune subscription.

When I enter the product code I get "The Product Key is already in use" and "If you are installing OneCare on a 2nd or 3rd computer or you are reinstalling OneCare, you do not need to use your product key again. Instead, close this browser window, return to OneCare, and click Activate again. On the Sign in page, sign in with the Windows Live ID that you originally used to install OneCare."

There is no activate, on a subscribe button. It is already in use because I activated it in December on a different computer which is at my nephew's now. I used the same Window's Live name and password.

Is there someone I can call to correct this problem?

Thank you.

Keith Messinger

Monday, December 17, 2007 10:02 PM

Answers

• Hello Keith, most likely you are not using the correct Live ID. You might ask your nephew to verify the Live ID used to originally activate One Care. Depending on the One Care build, your Live ID will be listed in the lower left of the main console or under Help>About.

Monday, December 17, 2007 11:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Keith, most likely you are not using the correct Live ID. You might ask your nephew to verify the Live ID used to originally activate One Care. Depending on the One Care build, your Live ID will be listed in the lower left of the main console or under Help>About.

Monday, December 17, 2007 11:18 PM
  • If you don't recall the LiveID you used for your subscription, you will need to contact support who can provide that information to you using your Key and/or contact information.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Alternatively, sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with email addresses that you have set up as LiveIDs and one will show your subscription listed - that would the LiveID to use to activate.

-steve

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:13 AM