Help Needed, Please RRS feed

• Question

•  

Quick question that I hope someone can answer.  When I log onto webmaster.live.com it firsts asks me to add a website.  I have been trying since the webmaster tools was a beta program and I was invited, to add my site, but I have had no luck.  When I type in my web site, it gives me an error saying, "The Web address isn't valid".  My web address is http://all-things-christian.com.  I have tried that address, and http://www.all-things-christian.com, and www.all-things-christian.com, as well as all-things-christian.com .  When typing in my site on the live or msn search box with site:www.all-things-christian.com or site:all-things-christian.com  It comes up with a few pages that are indexed so the search engine knows it's out there.  The only other thing I can think of is that when typing in those web addresses, once it finally gets there it goes directly to this page http://all-things-christian.com/atc  It always adds an /atc on the end.  So, I also used all those above mentioned address with the /atc attached to it, and that doesn't work either.

So, if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.  Or, if you can give me a contact email for MSN specifically for webmaster tools, that would be extrememly helpful, as I can not find one.

Lastly, I have had this site for over 6 months now.  It has over 180,000 pages in the website yet MSN is only indexing 3?  Google and yahoo have indexed much more, in the 10's of thousands.  I also opened up two other websites around the same time, and MSN has indexed every page of those sites and, in fact, one of them gets on the top page, first 10, results for over 20 search engine requests.

So, any suggestions or help would be extremely appreciated.  Thanks in advanced!

Monday, March 31, 2008 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you had any luck getting validated?

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:09 PM
  • Good point Duane. I'll add this possible bug to a list of issues.

Brett

Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:26 PM
  • I got confirmation from senior devs that we do not have issues with double hyphens.

Brett

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:17 PM

All replies

• Couple of things.  I'm not sure if MSN has any issues with hyphens in the name.  If you are still having issues that may be the cause.  Also, once you are able to add the site, it is important to add in a sitemap for MSN for indexing purposes.  MSN is now accepting Google sitemaps, but I am sure that you probably know this.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

Have you had any luck getting validated?

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:09 PM
  • Nope, it still tells me, even today, 20 Aug 2008, that my site is not a valid site?  I've pretty much given up, unless you have any suggestions?

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:15 AM
  • I'm guessing that it has problems because the domain name has two hyphens.

I submitted it and got the same "The site address isn't valid" message.

I submitted www.spysweeper-download.com (another forum member's website), and it gave me validation code.

That second hyphen might be showing up a bug in the system.

... Duane

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:45 AM
  • Good point Duane. I'll add this possible bug to a list of issues.

Brett

Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:26 PM
  • I got confirmation from senior devs that we do not have issues with double hyphens.

Brett

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:17 PM