Everything is going wrong on my computer RRS feed

• Question

• All of a sudden my USB drive goes to read only.  I follow instruction to change it and it works for awhile then it does it again, again & again.

When I am in Windows Explorer I normally click one time to highlight a file and double click to open.  Now if I click the file one time it starts to open.

I put a background picture on my computer in July (2016).  It was there for just a couple of days and then went back to my old background.  Then all of a sudden 3 days ago it shows up again on my background.

In Windows Explorer I am now seeing file icons with some kind of number or letters on them.  I can't read them they are so small but I don't know what that is trying to tell me.

I like having Screen Saver on my computer but I don't like to input a password everytime it goes into the Screen Saver mode.  I DO NOT have the check mark in the "On resume, display logon screen" box.

I have PC Pitstop virus protection on my computer.

• Moved by Sheng Jiang 蒋晟 Sunday, December 4, 2016 6:37 AM not dev related, use answers.microsoft.com instead
    Sunday, December 4, 2016 4:40 AM

Answers

• They'll help you over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Bob Ding Monday, December 5, 2016 4:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Saturday, February 4, 2017 8:30 PM
    Sunday, December 4, 2016 2:19 PM

All replies

• This is not a Forum for any of that.

This is a Forum for writing programs that use Windows Forms.

You seem to be having issues with a computer and some specific operating system. Therefore you should probably find a Forum to discuss issues with a specific operating system of which you don't provide the one your system uses.

Plus the Virus Protection software isn't relevant since that is 3rd party software. For issues with 3rd party software you will need to contact the software vendor if issues are occuring with that software.

And if you find a Forum to ask questions in for the operating system that you are having issues with you should probably try to figure out what may have occurred 3 or 4 days ago which may have caused these issues to begin such as downloading and/or installing software on your system or anything else that may be relevant.

La vida loca

Sunday, December 4, 2016 5:01 AM
  • They'll help you over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Bob Ding Monday, December 5, 2016 4:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Saturday, February 4, 2017 8:30 PM
    Sunday, December 4, 2016 2:19 PM