Office Validation Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am running windows XP and office that came with my laptop when I purchased it brand new from a retailer. Windows has validated without any problems, but office won't. I have run the diagnostic tool and the results are as follows:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0006.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-VW3P7-YHQQ6-C7RYM
    Windows Product Key Hash: ZcgwvstIxQC+DhtQDO8/GmF+gus=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00100
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {C2499D35-E81A-4B4B-B42F-AF39A36A7EBF}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.9.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.8.31.9
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 114
    Version: 1.7.105.35
    WGATray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.7.111.0
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{C2499D35-E81A-4B4B-B42F-AF39A36A7EBF}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0006.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-C7RYM</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00100</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-400013137-2227246053-1862475842</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Acer, inc.</Manufacturer><Model>Aspire 5600     </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Acer   </Manufacturer><Version>v0.3117</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20060517000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>AcerSystem ,AcerSystem </SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>4C623F07018400EE</HWID><UserLCID>1409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Malay Peninsula Standard Time(GMT+08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Acer Inc.</name><model>AcerSystem</model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.8.31.9"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.8.31.9"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="1.7.105.35"/><File Name="OGAVerify.exe" Version="1.7.105.35"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17418</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57892</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="17" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="15" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="19" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="44" Version="11" Result="114"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 178D3:Acer Incorporated|127DB:Acer Incorporated
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: AcerSystem ,AcerSystem

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:59 AM

Answers

• Hello Shanster

Thank you for visiting the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) program forum. I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have seen numerous issues from customers who were provided a Volume License Key (VLK) on their computer that has either been blocked by Microsoft or generated by a fake product key code generator. OGA currently provides checks for these types of product keys and prompts the user to notify them of this situation. More invalid product keys are being identified daily and WGA is constantly refreshing its database with these newly identified product keys and immediately blocks them. Below I have extracted a portion of the MGA results to share. 

OGA Data-->

As a rule, VL editions should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers.  Pietro if the computer is a corporate system please ask your systems administrator to logon to the eOpen site https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp  and confirm what your company’s assigned VLK. If this computer is not a corporate system please uninstall both Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage and Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. 

You have a couple options available. First you should have been given the option to "Get Genuine" when you failed OGA validation. Here you may purchase an OGA Kit from Microsoft and become genuine. Next you can take the software back where you made the original purchase and either request a genuine copy of Office or return your monies. Next I would recommend for you to file a piracy report by following the directions @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy. Please locate "Reporting Piracy" in the upper left corner.

Thank you

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:34 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:33 PM
  • Hello Shanster,

Thank you for providing us with updated information. Unfortunately it appears you have been taken advantage of :(. First have you attempted to contact lapshop and let them know what you have experienced? If not this would be the first step for you to take. Also you may be able to contest the charge if you used a credit card but honestly I am not sure how all that works. Next as I suggested previously please please file a piracy report by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/piracy. It is unfortunate that you and your software are separated @ the moment. Please visit http://www.howtotell.com . Please try and visualize what the software disc looks like you purchased and compare it to what you see on this Microsoft site. When you file your piracy report please be as detailed as possible. 

Take care and thank you Shanster,

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, April 20, 2009 9:46 PM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 9:31 PM

All replies

• Hello Shanster

Thank you for visiting the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) program forum. I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have seen numerous issues from customers who were provided a Volume License Key (VLK) on their computer that has either been blocked by Microsoft or generated by a fake product key code generator. OGA currently provides checks for these types of product keys and prompts the user to notify them of this situation. More invalid product keys are being identified daily and WGA is constantly refreshing its database with these newly identified product keys and immediately blocks them. Below I have extracted a portion of the MGA results to share. 

OGA Data-->

As a rule, VL editions should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers.  Pietro if the computer is a corporate system please ask your systems administrator to logon to the eOpen site https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp  and confirm what your company’s assigned VLK. If this computer is not a corporate system please uninstall both Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage and Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. 

You have a couple options available. First you should have been given the option to "Get Genuine" when you failed OGA validation. Here you may purchase an OGA Kit from Microsoft and become genuine. Next you can take the software back where you made the original purchase and either request a genuine copy of Office or return your monies. Next I would recommend for you to file a piracy report by following the directions @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy. Please locate "Reporting Piracy" in the upper left corner.

Thank you

Stephen

• Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:34 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:33 PM
  • Shanster,

Did both versions of Microsoft Office come preinstalled @ the time you purchased the computer system? If not then where did you purchase the versions of Office which are currently installed?

Thank you,

Stephen
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:36 PM
  • Stephen,

I purchased my laptop at the Mount Wellington Branch of Harvey Norman in Auckland, New Zealand on 20 Jan 2007. I thjought that windows xp and office were loaded when I got it, but I now realise that windows was probably loaded but that I loaded office xp, having purchased it from lapshop.co.nz as part of a deal that they were offering for massey university students. the contents of an email that I received offering me the software is as follows:

Sent: Tuesday, 24 April 2007 12:43 p.m.
    To: swk.hancock@paradise.net.nz
    Subject: Students can get Vista, Office 2007 & Adobe dirt cheap!

Hey everyone, Dan here from www.lapshop.co.nz

Vista and Office 2007 is here!

Great news, as promised Microsoft Office 2007 and Vista titles are now available through the Microsoft Student Select program saving tertiary students hundreds on the latest and most popular software.

And now for the first time teachers and employees of
    tertiary institutes are able to purchase this software at the same price offered to students through this program.

Want to know how much you are saving?? Well right now you can get MS Office Professional 2007 Academic in retail shops for $399, HOWEVER you can get MS Office Professional Plus 2007 Student Select for only $132 through Lapshop (provided you have tertiary ID). That’s a saving of $267. Check out below for other new titles available:

Adobe software 80% off + FREE UPGRADE to CS3!

The latest Adobe CS3 editions are not far away.

However, we still have stock of Photoshop CS2, Studio 8 and Creative Suite 2.3 Premium Student Editions AND you are still eligible for a free upgrade to the new versions when you buy now. Adobe Photoshop CS2 Student Edition is on our website for $215 right now, compare that to the Academic edition available in the shops for $599, a saving of $384!

The new editions are expected be priced around 30% higher then the current edition, so it would be smart to buy now.

*Please Note: Adobe Student Edition software is available for students only. When you purchase Student Edition software the box will only contain the product CD and a form. You as the student need to complete the form and send it to Adobe to receive a serial number to activate the software. The box does not contain a serial number or manuals for the program.

Unfortunately, I am currently residing in Malaysia doing a course with the Malaysian Armed Forces Staff College until Dec 2009 and my software and associated invoice info from lapshop are in storage in NZ.

What do you suggest that I do?
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 10:42 AM
  • Hello Shanster,

Thank you for providing us with updated information. Unfortunately it appears you have been taken advantage of :(. First have you attempted to contact lapshop and let them know what you have experienced? If not this would be the first step for you to take. Also you may be able to contest the charge if you used a credit card but honestly I am not sure how all that works. Next as I suggested previously please please file a piracy report by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/piracy. It is unfortunate that you and your software are separated @ the moment. Please visit http://www.howtotell.com . Please try and visualize what the software disc looks like you purchased and compare it to what you see on this Microsoft site. When you file your piracy report please be as detailed as possible. 

Take care and thank you Shanster,

Stephen

• Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, April 20, 2009 9:46 PM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 9:31 PM
  • Stephen,

I have contacted lapshop and found out that I only purchased windows from them and can confirm that they are a legitimate retailer of microsoft software. I now realise that the version of office that I am using was from my system administrator as part of a work deal, so I will contact them and sort it out. Thanks for your assistance and advice.

Shanster
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:23 AM
  • Shanster,

No problem. We are here to help and want to provide you with the right guidance :-).

Take care and good luck with your PME studies.

Stephen
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:36 PM