3TB drive seen as 750GB on Acer aspire H340 RRS feed

• Question

• I've got an Acer Aspire H340 server OS MS 2003 for small business, ver 5.2.3790. I would like to install a CudaXT 3TB SATA drive in it. The server only had one 1TB drive, which it came with and is working with no problems. I want to use the second drive for backup of graphics etc.

So far I've got the drive installed and recognized in the drives of the server.

It shows as a 746.51GB drive and not 3TB, I want this as a second backup drive and a single partition.

If anyone is able to help me it would be much appreciated.

Thank you john2boy

• Moved by Ken Warren Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:52 PM off topic for WHS forums (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 4:40 PM

All replies

• On older motherboards, there is a bios limit of 750GB, this might be where the problem lies.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:25 AM
  • Thanks for your help Dylan, I have a 1TB drive installed in the server now (it came with the server and has the software OS) it shows the full size.  I think there is a limit around 2.2TB as well.  I have looked at the Seagate site and they have a wizzard to install the drive, but it will have to have two partitions, which I can live with. But i've never added a drive to a WHS so am not sure how I would use the wizzard.

Thank you again

Johnboy2

Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:42 AM