Embedded Design Problems and Solutions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends

I am creating this thread to help all the people who qualified for Round I of Embedded Invitational. So if you need some ideas or facing some problems in implementation of your system, just ask your problem here and I will reply to best of my knowledge.
    Please before posting your problem , do post the architecture or hardware you are using leavng the Ecop module provided by MS. It wll help provide me best solutions acc. to architecture you are using ..

So Use this thread to find solutions to your problems. As far as i am concerned , i am not participating in Embedded , so feel free to ask problems and dont feel your ideas will be used .. Ya you can ask for ideas  if you feel so in the context you want .. I have plenty of ideas in all respects.

Best of Luck to ALL
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:53 PM

Answers

• Hello Sam

Different Companies offer different softwares for their own development boards .
    But as far as Competition is concerned , you are required to use the Microsoft CE for software designing plus any third part tools or your own drivers but everything must be affordable and available which means it should be accessible to everyone from internet.

I hope that answers ur question
    Friday, March 16, 2007 4:29 PM
  • Hey Subhamoy

I am not participating in Embedded Invitational as I didnt had a team from my college.
    Nobody knows anything about Embedded Systems in my college.
    I am from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
    But I want to help anyone participating here to qualify for final and make India proud on International grounds.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:37 PM

All replies

• Is there any specific softwares for development of Embedded Device Softwares or should we use Softwares like Visual Studio to Design Softwares For Embedded Devices ....
    Friday, March 16, 2007 4:09 PM
  • Hello Sam

Different Companies offer different softwares for their own development boards .
    But as far as Competition is concerned , you are required to use the Microsoft CE for software designing plus any third part tools or your own drivers but everything must be affordable and available which means it should be accessible to everyone from internet.

I hope that answers ur question
    Friday, March 16, 2007 4:29 PM
  • Hey Shirish ,
    Which college r u frm ?
    Did u get ur kit for IC EDI still?
    Congrats ..and Best of Luck :)
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:13 AM
  • Hey Subhamoy

I am not participating in Embedded Invitational as I didnt had a team from my college.
    Nobody knows anything about Embedded Systems in my college.
    I am from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
    But I want to help anyone participating here to qualify for final and make India proud on International grounds.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:37 PM
  • Hi Shrish ,
    Thats really nice of you .Actually 30 teams from India (incl ours )qualified  to the second round.
    Thanks for your support ,will come back to you as an when required.This kind of colab is more welcome in wake of the fact that China along got 90 teams qualified out of 200 selected worldwide .India cannot be left behind.
    Thanks again ..keep in touch.
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 5:44 AM