CRM 4.0 Web client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

1.    In CRM web client, in many cases when you open up a page and then maximize it, when you close it, it asks if you want to save changes when none were made.  New problem for CRM with 4.0. How to change this behaviour

Regards

VP

Monday, May 10, 2010 5:34 PM

Answers

• If you are getting the do you want to save message, it means that you have changed something on the form. For example, if you have some OnLoad JavaScript that updates a field, if you close the form without saving it first, it will ask if you want to save. This is by design to prevent you from inadvertently closing a form after updating it and losing your changes. If you are having this triggered because of on load JavaScript and you have users opening the form to view, you can have JavaScript save the form so they don't get this message
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 10, 2010 6:17 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 5:53 PM

All replies

• If you are getting the do you want to save message, it means that you have changed something on the form. For example, if you have some OnLoad JavaScript that updates a field, if you close the form without saving it first, it will ask if you want to save. This is by design to prevent you from inadvertently closing a form after updating it and losing your changes. If you are having this triggered because of on load JavaScript and you have users opening the form to view, you can have JavaScript save the form so they don't get this message
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 10, 2010 6:17 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 5:53 PM
  • Hi, I get this issue sometimes as well - mostly with contacts and organisations. In organisations the only OnLoad JavaScript I have is not related to updating fields, and there is no JavaScript in my contacts form at all. I'm not changing any fields when this happens. It doesn't bother me at all, but I'd be interested to find out what's causing it.
    Friday, June 4, 2010 1:29 AM