Look for bound DLLs in folder the calling DLL is in (Office AddIn) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

I have an Office AddIn and it is bound to DevExpress.Data.v18.2.DLL. However, it is not finding it. This file is in the same folder that my AddIn dll is in. But according to FusLog, it doesn't look there. This is for the case of running under the VisualStudio debugger.

FusLog reports:

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = DevExpress.Data.v18.2, Version=18.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a
     (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/root/Office16/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
    LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
    LOG: Cache Base = NULL
    LOG: AppName = POWERPNT.EXE
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: No application configuration file found.
    LOG: Using host configuration file: 
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
    LOG: GAC Lookup was unsuccessful.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/root/Office16/DevExpress.Data.v18.2.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/root/Office16/DevExpress.Data.v18.2/DevExpress.Data.v18.2.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/root/Office16/DevExpress.Data.v18.2.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/root/Office16/DevExpress.Data.v18.2/DevExpress.Data.v18.2.EXE.
    LOG: All probing URLs attempted and failed.

How can I get it to also look in the folder my AddIn DLL is in?

thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 3:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi DavidThi808,

Thank you for posting here.

In order to help you find a correct forum to go ask questions, I have moved the thread to Where is the forum for ? forum.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 6:45 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:03 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by DavidThielen Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:12 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Saturday, May 16, 2020 4:26 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by DavidThielen Saturday, May 16, 2020 7:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Thursday, May 21, 2020 6:17 PM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2020 7:49 AM
  • Also try asking for help over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vsto

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:04 PM