Logs in CRM 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.

I want to record any changes in the entities.
    Does CRM 4 permit to do this by default or should I work with callouts?

Thanks,

Raúl

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 6:49 PM

Answers

• One approach would be to use workflow to create a Note on the entity. Or do you need a running log file?

To test my first approach, I just created a workflow rule that adds a note to an Account whenever the Account Name is changed. It shows the new Account Name. It is set to run when an Account is created or updated. You can specify which fields you want to track. Perhaps make a separate workflow rule for each field of interest. That will make it easier to include the specific field data in the Note.

I'm sure it would be possible to write a plug in that would write a record to a log file as well. I would think that workflow would be the best place to do that.

Hope that helps.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:38 AM

All replies

• One approach would be to use workflow to create a Note on the entity. Or do you need a running log file?

To test my first approach, I just created a workflow rule that adds a note to an Account whenever the Account Name is changed. It shows the new Account Name. It is set to run when an Account is created or updated. You can specify which fields you want to track. Perhaps make a separate workflow rule for each field of interest. That will make it easier to include the specific field data in the Note.

I'm sure it would be possible to write a plug in that would write a record to a log file as well. I would think that workflow would be the best place to do that.

Hope that helps.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:38 AM
  • There is  you can do through 3rd party like c360 have audit addon on ms crm

www.c360.com

other way is you can develop your own through custom development

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 1:01 PM