Workflows and Registry Settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have an issue and would like to run it by you.

I created a workflow activity and I need it to read a setting that contains a path to another file.  My understanding is that since workflows in CRM are executed by the CrmAsyncService, it is not possible for me to add the necessary settings to a .config file.  Instead, these settings could be set in code (a bad idea) or in the registry.  To make it more flexible, I chose to save them in the registry  The problem is that the workflow is not reading these settings when executed.  My question is:

Is there a specific hive\location in the registry where I must store these settings? (I am currently storing them under HKLM\Software\<My Company Name>\<My Product Name>)

Thanks for looking.

Oliver

My current configuration is Win2K8 R2, CRM 4.0 (UR7), SQL2008
    • Edited by oliver barrera Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:20 PM mispelled word
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:14 PM

Answers

• i think you can save your settings in a custom MS CRM entity. this way all of your data will remain inside MS CRM and easily portable and upgradable.
    create a custom entity, e.g. new_configsettings with attributes (new_Key) and (new_value) etc.
    • Marked as answer by oliver barrera Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:10 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:32 PM