Snapshot debugger with .Net Core 3.1 AKS azure kubernetes RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use snapshot debugger with .net core 3.1 app running in AKS linux node. Dcoker image i am using is aspnet:3.1-bionic with debugger installed. I can successfully attach snapshot debugger. Symoboles are loading ,snappoint  are getting deployed. And hits the snappoint and able to collect the snapshot. But its not going snapshot debug mode.  Visual studio informs "No compatible code running The selected debug engine does not support any code executing on the current thread (e.g. only native runtime code is executing)."

For testing i tried same with an appservice plan (windows) and everything works as expected.

Anyone here able to snapshot debug with .net core 3.1 running in azure linux kubernetes AKS

Saturday, July 18, 2020 7:07 PM

All replies

• (2) Exception IDriveBackupCheckTask.UpdateAlert(),No contabo idrive backup
    I came to notice all work as expected for .net core 2.2 , 3.1 is not working
    Sunday, July 19, 2020 6:22 AM
  • Hi Priyan,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I think you are right, and this document indicates that “Snapshot collection is available for .NET Core 2.0 and ASP .NET Core 2.0 applications running on Windows.”

By the way, I also suggest you go to Azure Monitor-Application Insights and Q&A(Azure Kubernetes Service) then start a new thread there to seek for more professional help.

Feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 20, 2020 7:45 AM
  • (2) Exception IDriveBackupCheckTask.UpdateAlert(),No contabo idrive backup

Thats the different one thats application insights snapshot collector on exceptions

AS per

rhttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/debugger/debug-live-azure-kubernetes?view=vs-2019

• ASP.NET Core applications running on .NET Core 2.2 or later on Debian 9.

• ASP.NET Core applications running on .NET Core 2.2 or later on Alpine 3.8.

• ASP.NET Core applications running on .NET Core 2.2 or later on Ubuntu 18.04.

Monday, July 20, 2020 1:03 PM
  • Hi Priyan,

Thanks for your feedback.

You are right, and thank you for pointing this. This official document has pointed clearly that Snapshot collection is available for those specified web apps.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 6:49 AM