Territory RRS feed

• Question

• I don't understand why the CRM does not already have this option, but I want to track and assign Lead basied on the territory.  How do I do this without a territory field in the leads form.

Thanks,

Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

One of the easiest way is to remove the read rights from the roles of the CRM users and they will not see that entity.

Friday, September 14, 2007 1:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to define a new custom entity for saving territories and than relate that entity with the lead entity.

You cannot define new relationships between predefined entities. And I guess we cannot create new relationship with CRM's territory entity.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:17 PM
  • So even though the Territories entity is already in the CRM I can not use it the way I would like to.  I guess that goes for the Competitors entity.

If I have to create a new entity for territories and competitors how do I apply the current icons for each to the new entity?

thanks again

Thursday, September 13, 2007 5:06 PM
  • Hi,

You may find the existing images from the "_imgs" folder where you have installed MS CRM.

Competitors is not exactly same. Atleast you can define new relationships between custom entity and Competitor entity but you cannot define relationship between custom entity and Territories entity.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:06 PM
  • How do you remove a current entity (like territory) from the CRM with out deleting it.

Friday, September 14, 2007 1:14 AM
  • Hi,

One of the easiest way is to remove the read rights from the roles of the CRM users and they will not see that entity.

Friday, September 14, 2007 1:19 AM
  • I don't see how to create a relationship between the users and my custom Territories. 

Friday, September 14, 2007 2:25 AM
  • If I have to add my own Territory to make the System Territory function, why is there a system Territory Entity?  Why not fix the system Territory to function correctly?  The WorkFlow study modules talk about using Territorites as a method to assign Opportunities to Users.  How can I accomplish that without a territory field lookup to see who the user/owner is for that territory?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:53 PM
  • An easy way to assign a user to an opportunity or a lead with out useing the territory field is to create a workflow that looks at the zip or state, and assign a user based on that info.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 3:28 PM
  • Why are there system Territories?  I am trying to create a relationship between my Custom Entity to use the existing System Territories and I can't even do that.  Please tell me how to tie Territories to Opportunities?

Thursday, September 20, 2007 4:32 PM