cant regester one care please help RRS feed

• Question

• my old computer crashed when i tryed installing this i knew the hard drive was on its way out ..... well i bought a new laptop and now i cant get this to install on it it says its already in use why ?? please help

Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Don't use the product key to activate your new installation of One Care. Use only the Live ID  used to originally activate your subscription. If you don't remember the Live ID used to originally subscribe you can contact support and they should be able to recover the Live ID linked to your product key. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:35 PM
  • thats what i tryed . it didnt reconize who i was and i know its the right ID the funny thing is i dont belive it ever regestered the first time i tryed to install it on my old laptop like i said it loaded in and did the restart and poof hard drive would start back up well or so the shop tech. told me .... honestly i wish i never bought this software its why to hard to get help with a install problem !

thankyou so much for your help !

jim .. 

Friday, June 27, 2008 12:26 AM
  • If when you tried to enter the product key there was a message saying the key was already in use then it most likely was used and you are using the incorrect Live ID. I agree that activation and subscription is overly complicated but unless you can recall the correct Live ID a support contact is the only solution.

Friday, June 27, 2008 12:38 AM