Orange ISP Cannot resolve homeserver.com RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that they cannot access their homeserver from someone's pc that is connected to the Internet via Orange's ISP? (UK) Or any other for that matter.

Orange's DNS servers seem unable to resolve the homeserver.com name. If I use my other dyndns.org name or IP address I can access my homeserver without difficulty. I have no problems using the homeserver.com name with any other ISP. I know a few people using Orange as their ISP and none of them can access the homeserver.com name, so it is not PC related.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:50 AM

Answers

• Davy, it's possible that Orange has decided to block the homeserver.com domain as a security risk. (Verizon Wireless in the US has done so, from what I understand.) You should contact them and ask why you can't resolve homeserver.com domains.
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:31 AM

All replies

• I havent tried it with Orange but with BT I dont have a problem.

I would suggest you call Orange technical support and ask them to check for you.

Andrew

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:27 AM
  • Davy, it's possible that Orange has decided to block the homeserver.com domain as a security risk. (Verizon Wireless in the US has done so, from what I understand.) You should contact them and ask why you can't resolve homeserver.com domains.
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:31 AM
  • Will do, thanks both.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 2:06 PM