none
Project Server Alerts generating subscription notification errors in Exchange Server RRS feed

• Question

• I've followed the published guidelines for setting up task synchronization between Project Server and Exchange Server, and all of my users are getting notifications, both automatically on tasks assigned to them in PWA and on any items for which they have created Alerts on the various project sites, but my Exchange server logs are littered with Enchange Web Services Event ID 5, 6, and 7, which when I check the elevated IIS logs, all appear to be originating from my project server machine, using the farm admin account configured for Exchange impersonation. And when I say littered, I mean as many as a hundred an hour, and it is emphatically bogging down my mail delivery, sometimes resulting in internal mails taking as long as 3 hours to be delivered.

The documentation I've found on the Exchange side of the topic suggests that these event IDs are the result of an improperly formatted SOAP response being sent by the subscriber, causing the Exchange Server to believe the recipient of the subscription is not there, but again, the notifications are actually coming through.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:21 PM

Answers

• Bart,

I would open a ticket with Microsoft.  It's affecting production, that's never anything to wait on.

brian.

Thursday, July 7, 2011 4:57 PM
  • Hi Bart

It has been long since this thread has been posted or updated, closing this thread assuming this has been already resolved, closing is necessary in order to keep the forum moderated

please feel free to either reopen this thread or create a new one if you feel it has not been resolved & warrants further discussion

Also would suggest if you find an answer or a workaround tot this problem, please share in order for other forum members to get benefit of your experience

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:14 PM

All replies

• Anyone have some insight on this? Badly need to get this resolved.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:12 PM
  • Bart,

I would open a ticket with Microsoft.  It's affecting production, that's never anything to wait on.

brian.

Thursday, July 7, 2011 4:57 PM
  • Hi Bart

It has been long since this thread has been posted or updated, closing this thread assuming this has been already resolved, closing is necessary in order to keep the forum moderated

please feel free to either reopen this thread or create a new one if you feel it has not been resolved & warrants further discussion

Also would suggest if you find an answer or a workaround tot this problem, please share in order for other forum members to get benefit of your experience

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:14 PM