Excel import leads template header row dosen't match lead form fields RRS feed

• Question

• The excel template that opens when i download template for import in the leads section does not match the actual lead form which I have modified quite a bit. How can I update/sync the template to match the leads form?
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:47 PM

Answers

• What does the right-most part of your spreadsheet look like?  new fields would be there.

Also, does your export template have both .xml and .xls in it?  That seems like an issue.

Lastly, if nothing else works, you can add the headers yourself to the Excel file, and then re-map it when you load.  Then just keep that Leads template you made yourself.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by wildcat4370 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:38 PM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 5:43 PM

All replies

• How does it not match?  The template should have all the fields for the form, including your custom ones. did you change the form labels without changing the actual Attribute names?  That can cause confusion if the form labels are not in sync with actual attribute names. 

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:12 PM
  • gSo here is the form and what the import excel sheet comes up as. I dont believe I changed any form labels as the fields I added I created myself. Is there no way to sync these?

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 5:07 PM
  • Tuesday, August 19, 2014 5:08 PM
  • What does the right-most part of your spreadsheet look like?  new fields would be there.

Also, does your export template have both .xml and .xls in it?  That seems like an issue.

Lastly, if nothing else works, you can add the headers yourself to the Excel file, and then re-map it when you load.  Then just keep that Leads template you made yourself.

• Marked as answer by wildcat4370 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:38 PM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 5:43 PM
  • Thanks! The fields were indeed at the end of the spread sheet. I'm ashamed to say I broke one of the cardinal rules and took the user at their word with out verifying the issue myself.

Thanks again!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:49 PM
  • Glad to help.  :)

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:56 PM