locked
Spanish Label in English CRM System - Won't Go Away RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have a CRM solution that we sent to a Mexican team for them to work on it. When it came back, the Opportunity entity had some Spanish labels in it, most notably this one (see Informacion instead of Information):

    Originally, the CRM org did not have Spanish enabled. I exported the translations for the custom, unmanaged solution, as well as for the base solution. Sure enough, in the 1033 (English) column of the third worksheet (Localized Labels) of the exported translations file, I saw the Spanish labels instead of the English. I changed them back to English, imported, and then published all customizations. The Spanish remained, and when I exported the translations again, the spanish was back in the file - my updates did not take any effect.

    I've tried to enable Spanish, thinking this  might break and then fix something, but it didn't: Spanish and English side by side in export file - although some labels are Spanish for both columns.

    Does anyone know how to fix this??

    Thanks!


    Blog: http://andrewbschultz.com @andrewbschultz

    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 5:35 PM

Answers

  • I finally fixed it by creating a new form for the Opportunity, and then deleting it. That somehow jogged the main system form back into English.


    Blog: http://andrewbschultz.com @andrewbschultz

    Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:54 PM

All replies

  • Nearly unsupported, but you can edit the label in sql table and roll it back to english label

    Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.wordpress.com Microsoft Dynamics Certified Technology Specialist CRM Online 30 Tage kostenfrei testen – http://crm.dynamics.com/de-de/trial-overview

    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 5:50 PM
  • Ahh, thanks for the suggestion Carsten, but this is CRM Online.

    Blog: http://andrewbschultz.com @andrewbschultz

    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:19 PM
  • I finally fixed it by creating a new form for the Opportunity, and then deleting it. That somehow jogged the main system form back into English.


    Blog: http://andrewbschultz.com @andrewbschultz

    Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:54 PM