none
RSS feeds seem to be broke... RRS feed

• Question

• I subscribe to a number of these forums using FeedDemon.  Over the last few days I haven't received any updates, and when I run the feeds through validator.w3c.org, I get a large number of errors.  As an example, here's a snippet of the result from the .NET Base Class Library feed:

Sorry

This feed does not validate.

• line 763, column 1118: Missing channel element: link [help]

... 008-06-16T12:13:55Z</a10:updated></item></channel></rss>
                                                   ^

In addition, interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.

• line 1, column 158: Avoid Namespace Prefix: a10 [help]

... feeds/xml/rsspretty.xsl" version="1.0"?><rss xmlns:a10="http://www.w3.or ...
                                                   ^
    • line 1, column 805: Relative href value on self link: [help]

... </a10:id><a10:link rel="self" href="" originalAttribute="href" originalPath="" /><item><guid isPermaLink="false"> ...
                                                   ^
    • line 102, column 0: style attribute contains potentially dangerous content: text-indent:-0.25in (11 occurrences) [help]

out   :&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
    • line 564, column 0: Invalid HTML: nobr (7 occurrences) [help]

&lt;p&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;font color="#0000ff" size=2&gt;End&lt;/font&gt; &l ...
    • line 632, column 823: Encode "&" and "<" in plain text using hexadecimal character references. (2 occurrences) [help]

... utomatic refresh of &lt;appSettings&gt;?</title><description> If I've go ...

Any ideas on this one??
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:46 PM

Answers

• To the best of my knowledge no changes have been made. I added a couple of the feeds in question and they initially synchronized as expected. I'll keep an eye on them to see if they go stale or not over the next few days. Have you tried manually updating the feed? You can do this by right clicking on the feed title in the Subscriptions pane and clicking on "Update Feed".
    Tim Shakarian, Software Developer
    • Marked as answer by Darren Oster Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:07 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:23 PM
  • I have just logged on to NewsGator and looked at my feed list under settings.  Clicking the refresh button here seems to have fixed the problem, for now at least - I now have a heap of new unread items in FeedDemon.

Perhaps it was a NewsGator caching problem...

I'll mark this thread as answered and keep my eye on things.  Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Darren Oster Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:08 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:07 PM

All replies