Windows OneCare Beta 2.0.2318.12 Working Great! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear Windows OneCare Team:

I reently went from Windows OneCare 1.6 to the new beta due to the email I received on my account. All I have to say is WOW! You guys are progressively getting better.

Things I like:

-The new WiFi Sercutiy

-Little better accurate virus scanning little faster

-More options on the Home Screen

-More options on the Turn-Up Feature

-Better Managing on the OneCare Circle

-Home Screen Loads a bit faster.

-More Options on the Firewall.

Things I think could still be improved:

-Faster Virus Scanning (I know this is being addressed though) Don't get me wrong it is a bit faster!

-Backup tool to allow users to backup to a local drive. Again I know what you guys are getting at it is much safer running a external hard drive than one that is attached all the time. (I run under standard user almost all the time) When someone can run a local drive to the point the administrator can only have modification or write access this almost bypasses the problem.

But other than that you guys are definally in the right direction. Keep up the good work! I love this product because you guys are trying to keep peoples resources down to a minimal used by the virus protector by using ture monitoring in the background. In the same time trying to keep us as protected as possible. Again you guys have a cool firewall the will notice applications that are already in the safe files and will automatically allow it though. I am a extreme poweruser in computers, and I like having total 100% flexiblity on my Anti-Virus protectors and Firewalls. But I like this in a way we don't have to babysitt everything on my sercuity centers. But if you could forward this to the comment or help team whoever deals with comments reguarding the product. I would enjoy that, and I will fill my end on filling out any trouble tickets if I run into anything thanks Windows OneCare Team!

Randy

Central Florida

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:52 AM

All replies

• You know I did have an idea for the Windows OneCare Team, as I am sitting here wating for a virus scan to complete on the task bar maybe you guys could put a percentage down on the actual Taskbar, tab instead of them both saying Windows Live OneCare. You could put per say (12%) Windows Live OneCare this way we know how far we are done without even clicking on it.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 4:43 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback, Randy. Enjoy the beta!

-steve

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 4:51 PM
  • I cast a vote with Randy. OneCare's working very well, just the defrag & remove files reporting but I see that's being addressed. I was using the old version and opted for the Beta trial since I liked the older OneCare so will. WOW! There are so many Improvments. I sincerely hope MS is successfull with the OneCare program because to my way of thinking, MS software works every time, minimun problems, and who would know more about my OS than the people who developed it?

Monday, August 27, 2007 9:31 PM
  •  

As Steve mentions, thank you for feedback and the kind comments folks--I have forwarded it to the team here as well, and your feedback is much appreciated by all. 

I should note that it is we who really owe you our sincere thanks.  We really are extremely fortunate and thrilled to have really great Beta testers on these forums providing us with invaluable bug reports and feedback, and of course our awesome forum moderators who're just doing a truly fantastic job.  Thank you for helping build a great V2!

Friday, August 31, 2007 8:12 PM